To encourage art education in our Communities, the Creative Drill Sergeants / Expressive Arts Academy (CDS) is seeking to expand its offerings of children and adult art classes and is currently accepting proposals from qualified instructors who would like to teach a variety of digital art, visual arts, and other media, including writing and fine crafts. In order to host a workshop, class or other educational program of instruction, information is needed for planning and execution. Please complete the following form and submit to us for consideration. Thank you!
WCAC ART CLASSES/WORKSHOPS GENERAL POLICIES:
- All workshops will take place on the CDS property.
- Teaching Artists are responsible for providing the Headmaster with a class syllabus and materials list (if applicable) at least 30 days prior to the class.
- Registrations AND payments are handled by the CDS and must be received in order to secure space in any workshop.
- All workshops will have a minimum and maximum student number identified.
- If a workshop does not have a minimum number of students registered (and paid) within 3 days of the workshop, that workshop will be cancelled. CDS requires a minimum of 5 students per class.
- Registration deadline is at least one week prior to class start date.
- If the one- week deadline has passed, students may be accepted at the discretion of the instructor.
- Refunds are not granted after the class begins. There are no refunds for missed classes.
- In conducting your class or workshop in the CDS gallery, here is some information you may find helpful:
- Tables and chairs are available for your use. A sink is available for water, rinsing out paint/other containers, washing up, etc. Tables and floor should be covered with plastic protective covers.
- Instructors are responsible for set up of the classroom area before and clean up after each class.
- Restrooms are available.
- Limited private parking is available on the Academy property on 5th Ave and Hatcher Rd. Additional parking is available behind the building.
- Instructor will be provided with instructions on how to access the CDS building, in case the class is held outside of regular office/Gallery business operations: Monday – Friday 10 am – 4 pm